Monday 2 May 2011

Psychology Conference


On the 17th of April 2011 I travelled to Nottingham University to take part in a psychology conference. Over the weekend there were two presentations; Programme 1 had an emphasis on Clinical Psychology and Programme 2 focused on Social Psychology. Between the presentations we had the opportunity to stay overnight giving us the chance to sample life in a university hall. There were over 15 lectures over the weekend and I was truly captivated by all areas of psychological theory and research. In my view, 'The Edge' session was the highlight. It gave an insight into what it would be like to study psychology at university, what you can expect from a course, the huge differences that exist between many types of psychology courses and the essential requirements of successful applications. After attending the conference it has made me certain I want to practise a career in psychology, due to my intense interest and eagerness to study it.