Saturday 30 April 2011

Key Skills Level 3

Key Skills awards have been described as "gaining a range of essential skills that underpin success in education, employment, lifelong learning and personal development". I completed both Levels 2 and 3 throughout my time at secondary school. Level 2 was relatively basic whereas Level 3 moves from straightforward tasks to coping with the demands of more complex activities. As a candidate I had responsibility of making decisions about how tasks were organised and had to meet set deadlines. I based my portfolios on relevant topics that affect many teenagers such as expenses associated with learning to drive and booking your first holiday. I produced databases, powerpoint presentations, graphs and word documents throughout the course and completed an exam at the end. The award allowed my ICT skills to significantly improve and I developed many new skills I can now use on a daily basis.